For Dr. Currie, his dental story began as a young child when he was influenced by a close family friend. Through that early interaction, he experienced how dentistry can be so much more than a doctor-patient relationship. It can be friendly, welcoming, and personal. It can a relationship based on trust.
Today, when you walk through the door, you will experience dentistry in a similar way. Tell us what you think, because we care. Tell us about your needs and desires, and you can expect honest, straightforward advice. You will never feel pushed into any type of treatment plan. Together, we will figure out what is best for you.
Education & Credentials
Dr. Currie received his BA from Hope College in Holland, MI, and his MA from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI, in 1973. In 1977, he completed his training to become a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) at the University of Pennsylvania, where he was a member of the both the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and the Eta Sigma Sigma Honorary Matthew Cryer Society, a recognition given to the top 10 students in each class.
Additional memberships and recognition:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Pennsylvania Dental Association (PDA)
- York County Dental Society (YCDS)
- Seattle Study Club (International organization, by invitation only)
- U.S. Army Commendation Medal
As a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Currie has been recognized for his ongoing commitment to continuing education, meticulous attention to detail, and dedication to providing outstanding smile makeovers. Cosmetic dentistry is passion for Dr. Currie. The opportunity to impact the way a patient feels when they look in the mirror, is one of the most rewarding privileges. He also trained in cosmetic dentistry at the Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education and the Las Vegas Institute.
Giving Back to the Community
Dr. Currie says it best, “My commitment to the community isn’t merely as a dentist but also as a concerned, involved citizen. I live here, have raised my children here and take part in many different charitable organizations and projects. I feel completely invested in this town both professionally and personally, and the people are the reward.”
He is involved with many charitable organizations:
- Donated Dental Services (DDS) program – Connects dental professionals with people who need help the most.
- AACD Give Back A Smile Program – Helps survivors of domestic violence regain confidence to make new beginnings in their lives.
- Family First Health – Assisted in pioneering the dental program for a community health center for the under-served.
- Captain with the U.S. Army Dental Corps – Provided dental care to active duty troops while receiving dental training in specialized.
Dr. Currie has been married for over 45 years, has two sons, a daughter-in-law, and four beautiful granddaughters. His son, Chris, also plays an active role in the practice. When he’s not treating patients, you may find him finessing his fly-fishing skills, enjoying one of the picturesque golf courses in town, or playing pickle ball.